Who we are
- A Greater Victoria citizen-led, non-profit society of deer biologists, educators, retired wildlife managers and working professionals.
- Our science advisory group includes University of Victoria and Camosun College scientists.
- Committed to evidence-based and sustainable, non-lethal solutions to human-deer conflict in urban areas.
Join us on Sunday, June 17 for a Father’s Day Garden Party Tour. All proceeds from the event will support the BC SPCA’s Wild ARC and the Urban Wildlife Stewardship Society (UWSS) for local wildlife care, wildlife research and veterinary services.
How you can help
We’re passionate about long-term leadership to reduce deer-human conflict, but we need your help.
From hosting events to delivering flyers, we need your help. Learn about volunteer opportunities.
Become a citizen scientist
The Urban Wildlife Stewardship Society (UWSS) is doing a photo inventory of urban deer in Oak Bay. Learn how to get involved with this citizen scientist project.
Get a sign
Please email email@example.com if you'd like one of our deer traffic warning signs.
- June 24, 2015: Citizens’ group secures a contraceptive vaccine for non-lethal deer management
- March 16, 2017: Oak Bay gets provincial funding for urban deer research project
- Oak Bay News: Wildlife society seeks CRD cash for deer project (Newspaper, July 27)
- Times Colonist: Oak Bay deer-cull foes ready to foot contraceptive (Newspaper, June 28)
- Oak Bay News: Citizens group secures deer contraceptive vaccine (Newspaper, June 25)
- Oak Bay News: Wildlife Society Aims to Reduce Conflicts With Deer (Newspaper, June 3)
- Metro Vancouver: Group Opposed to Deer Cull Proposed Birth Control (Newspaper, April 15)
- Times Colonist: Group Suggests Contraception Instead of Killing Oak Bay Deer (Newspaper, April 14)
- Oak Bay News: Group Pitches Contraception Program for Deer (Newspaper, April 14)
- CBC Victoria: Birth Control Plan for Oak Bay Deer Proposed (Radio, April 14)
- CTV News VI: A Better Way in Oak Bay? (Video, April 14)
- CHEK News: Humane Solution Offered to Cull Deer (Video & Brief, April 14)
- CFAX: Pamela McCall 11am - interview starts at 6 minutes (Radio, April 14)
Join your fellow citizens and contribute however you can, from one-time to full-time!Become a volunteer
Posted by· April 23, 2018 1:25 PM
Posted by· April 06, 2018 11:27 AM
Posted by· March 14, 2018 1:24 PM